Thursday 4 September 2014

A Walk with Radar

I'd had a walk around Loddy on Tuesday, and had not seen much at all. There were two Spoonbills on the marsh, but they were too far out for anything but a 'RECORD' shot..
On Wednesday i was invited by Mark (Radar) Eggleton to have a look at Middlebere from the farm side. I'm always a bit apprehensive with invites by Mark, as he does tend to shomp for miles. However on this occasion he was kind to me and kept it to a minimum. I arrived after him, and began the walk to the hide at Middlebere. His car was there,,,, i was all behind as usual,,,, but put me head down and started the (must be a mile) walk... I arrived at the hide,,,,, puffed out,,, sweating,,, knacked. He's sat there relaxing with another cameraman,,, and says,,,, "did you see the Mistle thrushes, whitethroats, swallows and the Spotted Flycatchers on the way out?... Well,,,, all i'd seen was my feet...
On the way back we saw all of them tho'. You never go home with an empty card on a 'Radar' walk. Knackered, but satisfied usually.



I saw a distant glimpse of an Osprey too. My first ever.

4 comments:

  1. Nice post Frank, but I can tell you need a fitness regime. I'll give you a few pointers next time we meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't involve giving up my Beer and Chips detox.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant Mate, fantastic to see all of those Flycatchers, didn't realise you had never seen an Osprey, you should have said, always a good day when we get out Frank, happy days :-)

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...