Thursday 11 September 2014

Spoons, Dunlin, and a Thrush Rush

I suppose i have to put this week down as a good week, togging-wise., but i don't feel that i've been out enough. However,,, i always think that.
    I had feared that i might have missed a close shot of the Spoonies at Lodmoor this time, as all of my contacts were able to get there and score. I need not have worried, because they waited for me to arrive,,, late as usual, and on Sunday. They were unbelievably close, and i think all the local toggers had good shots.



After getting some decent spoon shots, Dennis and myself trotted out to Ferrybridge for some wader action. Apparently a Little Stint, and a Curlew Sandpiper had been sighted,,,,,, but not by us. Did get some half decent Dunlin shots tho'.



I didn't get out again until Tuesday,,,, a beautiful late summer's day... After having my 'Mistle Thrush' appetite wetted by Radar, i was gagging to get back to Middlebere farm. These large thrushes are coming through in some numbers now, and are stopping to fatten up on the Rowan berries.




Car was in the dock getting a wheel bearing Weds/Thurs. A decent Osprey shot was not forthcoming this week.... Maybe at the weekend, or next week. What i really need is a shot of a Wryneck,,,,,, LOL.... Dream on!


3 comments:

  1. Not quite all of the local togs got close Spoons, Frank. Some of us were chasing other species in Cornwall and trying to get the iconic St Michael's Mount image. Should have stayed at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent set of pics mate, looking forward to Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...