Thursday 13 November 2014

Sad Days

Adie's funeral made me glaze over a bit today, tragic when a person so young and interested in the world goes like that. My friends were all there, laughing, and trying to come to grips with it. I was reminded by a guy that likes to dress up as Suggs, that the BLOG was lagging behind, and it has,,, mostly because of the inclement weather.
    Moreton is a village close to my heart, i love the place. When my mum was a little girl, she lived on 'The Street', and went to school in the building that is now a tea room. My mum, now in her late eighties is pictured on the wall of the tea rooms as a very young schoolgirl, and i have pictures of my mum and her sister before they were teens playing by the old post office at the end of 'The Street'. That's the street with all the thatched cottages.
    In later times i used to visit Moreton in search of fungi, and found that numerous species grow around the village.... Recently,,, me and Chris,,,, and the man that likes to dress like Suggs visited the village to photograph fungi, and i managed to grab some shots of the village hall. At last this old building is being replaced by a more modern one. I don't know when the old one was built, but it has lasted for most of my lifetime, and will soon be gone,,, i think.
Recently,,, the man that dresses like Suggs took me and Dennis on a togging day out. We ended up at a place on the coast, where i grabbed a shot of this cake.
Most of my immediate companions have recently been trying to get a decent picture of a kingfisher from the north hide at Radipole, where a new scrape has been created. The perches are just that little bit too far away, and our efforts have been mostly in vain. My policy has been not to crop too tightly and try to make a 'picture' of it. Usually,,, all i see of a Kingfisher is a 'blue flash', so a bit of a treat to capture one,,, even at this distance.
Thanks for reading this blog entry, and thanks to my friends for some great days out togging.

2 comments:

  1. Now this is more like it Frank, none of that stuff that looks like it should be part of a cooked breakfast. So now we have Statler, Waldorf and Suggs, I'll be interested to hear the new names for Chris and Danny in the wildlife paparazzi roll call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent mate, made me laugh, another great read Happy Days, now go and find the Hoopoe

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...