Saturday 11 October 2014

Storms Bring Rarities

A week dominated by squalls and storms, with some fine sunny spells. I popped over to Portland with Chris, and Dennis on Friday. We had started at Loddy, but a bit lifeless,,,,, except for these two crows enjoying a duck dinner, well we've all done that,,, um,, well maybe not all. I'm probably upsetting my sister now, who is a bean farty vegan.
So,,, after Chris had persuaded Dennis and myself to go chasing a drab looking Starling on Portland, we all met at Reap Lane, where (and i say this modestly) my bird flushing skills proved to be a great asset:-), and if you believe that you'll believe anything..  In the end, using the fieldcraft that only comes with years of experience, all three of us managed to get very close to our subject, which for me resulted in the following shots, plus a couple on Flickr. A not very Rosy Starling,,,, but we were all chuffed to capture it on camera. My first life encounter with a Rose-coloured Starling juvenile.




3 comments:

  1. Nice set of shots of the Starling Frank, but as you say, not too Rosy as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Frank much better than I managed

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...