Friday 9 May 2014

Hoopoe Moment

I've never seen a Hoopoe! My wife has, but i haven't. So when one turned up in my local area i thought i'd like to see, and perhaps photograph it. Only a few birders, and toggers were on the scene at a location in West Dorset when my mate Chris and i arrived. Unfortunately my first encounter with this beautiful avian was completely spoiled by one complete nutcase who insisted on chasing it away. He had no other motive, but to spoil everybody's experience, and was abusive, belligerent and threatening to us all. As a result of this fool's childish outburst i came away after a prolonged vigil with just this record shot. Had our instincts prevailed in the face of our experience today, some of us might now be in police custody. Thankfully we resisted this temptation, and one fool's efforts to cause a conflict came to nothing. Sometimes i despair at the attitudes of some of my fellow Homo sapiens.


2 comments:

  1. Glad I wasn`t there phew!!!!!!!!!! at least you got to see it, I saw one back in the early 70`s in my friends garden, that`s the only one I have seen over here

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...