Friday 27 June 2014

My Bogie Butterfly

After a slow start to the week taking all the usual seasonal butterflies, and with the occasional detour to capture damsels and dragonflies, i was sitting on me sofa minding my own, when young Dennis called, inquiring if i'd like to have yet another bash at the Little Terns on the Chesil Bank at Ferrybridge. I agreed to meet him there, and we had a reasonable day togging the terns and ickle fluffy Ringed Plovers.
   Most of my friends know that for the last few years my bogie butterfly hasn't been the Large Blue (which is bl***y difficult) or the Wood White (that is flippin' elusive), but a very attractive woodland butterfly, the White Admiral.
   Earlier in the week i had received a message from Chris Rowland, informing me that 25 White Admirals had been seen in Piddles Wood near Sturminster Newton, so i arranged with Dennis to have a go at those the next day. This proved to pose quite a challenge, and actually took two days of our time. The problems were many, but in the end i was quite pleased with some of my shots, as i have not had much luck in the past with these quick woodlanders.








1 comment:

  1. You sure get around Frank when Butterflies are on the agenda.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...