Tuesday 5 November 2013

Not a Good Day

The weather brightened at around 10.00am, but with the strong winds the potential for quickly changing weather conditions was apparent. It looked brighter towards the coast, so I ventured over the hill. Spent about ten minutes at Radipole Lake, standing on the RSPBs patio. My face soon set in the biting wind, and blinking back the tears I left without taking a shot. Trickled across town to Ferrybridge, where it was so windy I decided it might be best to shoot from the car, because there were a couple of Brents quite close to the car-park. Then the light levels dropped so low, I thought it was 6.30pm. I removed the camera and lens from the polystyrene bean bag that was hung over the car window,,, whereupon the howling gale caught the bean bag, whipped it 20ft in the air, and in a split second it had crossed the whole car park,, managing to hit every puddle on the way. Retrieved it,,, packed up, and got the hell out of there. I might take up stamp collecting.

Even the Kestrels had to cling on for dear life, to avoid ending up in Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...