Sunday 10 November 2013

Blandford Otters

Quite a good day today. Went to Blandford with Chris, hoping to see otters. Having been four or five times previously, and not having had a glimpse of one, I was not expecting much. Chris spotted one after about an hour, and that one disappeared within a minute. Another hour went by, and i'd almost given up hope. The light levels fell really low, and I was forced into higher ISOs than I usually shoot at. Suddenly there was another one by the weir, and we went into machine gun mode. Only record shots really, but I was really chuffed to get any shots of these fascinating beasts. At last I've broken my duck.


European Otter (Lutra lutra)

1 comment:

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...