Friday 18 July 2014

A Week of Bits and Bobs

A strange week for me, lots  of failures (as per), but some good moments as well. A week when we had a Greenshank drop in at Loddy, and pose around the mudflats. I'm not going to moan that it wasn't close enough for good pics, because it was just great to see one there. I've not got very many Greenshank shots,,,, in fact not one good one. I did my best with my 'walkabout' bird gear, but only record shots really.
   I tried the East Weares again, with Dennis, to try for better Chalkhill Blue shots, but they were far too busy really. That failure was negated a bit by the terrific views of a Raven family squabbling with crows, and the sighting of a Jersey Tiger moth.
   Today (after mum duty) i had an hour out at Triple 'H', and noted that a few Grayling were about, along with all of the seasonal things HHH is known for, some good looking Emerald damselflies, and really red male Ruddy darters in particular.
  Great to meet a young naturalist Tori there today too.






Creech Pond, and Small Red Damselfly






1 comment:

  1. Nice bit of variety this week Frank, landscape, macro and wildlife. Glad to see the birds making a comeback. Interestingly we had a Jersey Tiger Moth in our garden last August, but haven't seen one this year yet.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...