Saturday 14 December 2013

Drama in the Garden, and Winter Plans

Great piece of wildlife action in my pocket hanky wildlife garden this morning. A Sparrowhawk took a Greenfinch off of the bramble tops. Of course i didn't have a camera at the ready,,, what with a house full of grandkids and all. I didn't disturb it,,,, Sparra' Hawks gotta eat too.
    Well,,, its on days like this, when the light levels are impossible that i start to dream, and plan my winter togging. I expect that many of you have looked at your pics after a day out,,, and thought 'i gotta get better ones than that', well i do,, on a regular basis. As the winter sets in proper we might get some Lesser Redpoll in on the heaths, and at Blashford Lakes, where i usually go to get them. I definitely need better pics of them. Now is the time when the Dorset heathland greets a few quite scarce birds. Crossbills, and Great Grey Shrikes are on my most wanted list. Hoping for some brighter weather soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...