Monday 1 December 2014

Bloopers

If i don't strive to keep up my standards,,, then who will?  Brought down to earth again by Radar i see,,, (comments on last entry) he is right tho',,, and i do get very self critical,,, and after a few cans of 'false' courage i might even be quite critical of my mates. Although,,, lately i'm biting my tongue,, a lot,,, LOL!
    Recently took my first ever trip to Wyke Down. The SEOs are supposed to come quite close at times. I went in the morning,,, got there at dawn,,, not a sign... Stayed for about 3 hrs. Went back to the otters at Blandford,,, saw one,,, rubbish shots.
    Some shots from Saturday,,, i will maybe try a late afternoon one day, when i'm feeling masochistic.
Mistle Thrush on the wire at Wyke down.
 This Tree Cormorant provided me and Den with a bit of consolation near the weir.
And some more, closer shoreline shots from last week,,,,
Rock Pipit
 Meadow Pipit

 Great Northern Diver
Not the best week i've ever had, and apologise to Den and Chris for my early departure on Saturday. Of course it had a bit to do with alcohol, and Man.U. playing, but it was mostly my hips, and knees. The wonderboys of Whitehall when they're wacking up the retiring age, don't seem to 'figure in' people that have done a lot of manual labour in their working lives, and are clapped out in their mid fifties.

   

3 comments:

  1. Well done Frank, shame about the SEO`s, I would go and look late afternoon, glad you said the river was well up, thought I might go up next weekend, you have still got some good pics mate, even if they are not up close, have you been over to Maiden Castle yet for the Golden Plovers and Corn Buntings, I will go up there as soon as I can drive

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's frustrating at times Frank, but as ever there's some good stuff here. I tried the Kingfishers from the North hide at the weekend, hampered by two guys who wouldn't keep quiet. A soon as they left a KF arrived on the perch, but by then the perch was in shadow. Have to wait for another bright weekend now.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...