Wednesday 4 June 2014

Catching up from the weekend

Had one last crack at the Dukes on the giant. Found one quite worn looking specimen, and that's me and the Dukes done for another season. Radar turned up, and after finding more butterflies than i had in the previous two hours, notably a hoard of Marsh Frits that were pretty high up the hill, we both trickled off to Powerstock Common in the vain hope of finding some Wood Whites. While we were searching the lane for these, Dennis turned up to help, but even three pairs of eyes couldn't spot a WW. I'll be surprised if any are seen there this season, but i'm often surprised so maybe,,,, fingers crossed they will appear. I managed a few shots of a Common Blue, a Brown Argus, and a Small Heath. After this we all fled to HHH, where not too much was occuring.





2 comments:

  1. A really nice set of shots there Frank and I admire your resolve in trying to find them. I couldn't commit to that I'm afraid, so my Southern Scarce Swallowtail from 2012 will have to suffice.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year

Just like to wish all my friends, contacts, fellow tortoise riders, and arch enemies a fantastic new year, with lots of great wildlife encou...